Who We Are
Founded in 1992, the Manassas Symphony Orchestra is the Manassas and Prince William County area’s premier all-volunteer community-service symphony orchestra. Our diverse blend of local artists and great music, along with unique programs and family-friendly atmosphere, are designed to delight both our long-time patrons and newest audience members. The MSO has been recognized nationally for excellence as a finalist for The American Prize in Orchestral Performance – Community Orchestra in 2013 and as a semi-finalist for the same award in 2010.
What We Do
The MSO provides many benefits to the community, including these:
- Opportunities for family-friendly, reasonably priced concert experiences at a world class venue
- Deeply discounted concert tickets for all educators and senior citizens
- Free concert tickets for students through college and children
- Performance opportunities for adult recreational orchestral players
- Recertification credit for educators who play with the symphony
- Performance and solo opportunities for exceptional high school students from the area
- Commissioning high quality new music for community orchestra
- Opportunities for showcasing area soloists
- Opportunities for audiences to experience nationally-known soloists
- Taking nationally-known soloists into local schools for classes and seminars
- Free summer pops concerts in the community
Who We Serve
Who can join?
The symphony is open to all area musicians by audition or prior arrangement with the conductor. Members are expected to be prepared for a rigorous and aggressive rehearsal schedule. The symphony provides a quality performance opportunity for serious adult players, and our membership ranges from once-professional musicians to music teachers to players who have returned to music making after long periods in which they did not play. In addition, the symphony provides advanced high school players the experience of performing in a full symphony orchestra setting.
Concerts are programmed for a diverse audience of all ages. Those new to the symphony orchestra experience and veteran concertgoers both will find something to love at a Manassas Symphony concert. Summer pops concerts and our annual December Family concert are perfect venues to introduce children, even the very young, to the concert experience.